Remembering Van Gogh

     Van Gogh has always been more than just my favorite painter. For me, he's an inspiration not only because of his art but also hi...


     Van Gogh has always been more than just my favorite painter. For me, he's an inspiration not only because of his art but also his unique way of seeing life. Despite his depression, he still managed to see beauty around him.

“Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high. Then life seems almost enchanted after all.” 

“I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.” 

Starry Night Over the Rhone


     His work of art was beyond extraordinary, but we all know just how "well received" he was back in the days. Ignorant people ridiculed his work and the sad thing is, he never knew just how valuable his art was.

A great fire burns within me, but no one stops to warm themselves at it, and passers-by only see a wisp of smoke” 

     I was beyond ecstatic when the Van Gogh museum on March 16 posted a live guided tour (that you can still watch over here).

just like Amy went nuts in the Doctor Who episode where she saw Van Gogh :O
     I'm just gonna casually leave here the clip where Van Gogh visits his own museum in a DW episode but be warned. If i cried while watching it, you most surely will.


You Might Also Like

1 comments