Review: The Goddess Test, by Aimee Carter

EVERY GIRL WHO HAS TAKEN THE TEST HAS DIED. NOW IT'S KATE'S TURN. It's always been just Kate and her mom--and her mother is...

EVERY GIRL WHO HAS TAKEN THE TEST HAS DIED.

NOW IT'S KATE'S TURN.

It's always been just Kate and her mom--and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear that her mother won't live past the fall.

Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld--and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.

Kate is sure he's crazy--until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride and a goddess.

IF SHE FAILS...

      I haven't read a book that kept me reading and reading in such a long time, it was a real page-turner.

      Everyone already knows I'm in love with everything that's mythology related and this story was amazing. It's very easy to read, it's not written in some weird, sophisticated way, it's simple enough to get the message and enjoy it.

      I believe Kate's a character a lot of us can relate with. She cares a lot about her friends, willing to even risk her life for them and face her greatest fears. She's a loving, caring person. Kate's got flaws too, like everyone, but that's what brings the character closer to reality.

     While I love Henry, his portrayal lacked a lot of things. He's not easy to get to know, but I hope in the next book, there'll be more of Henry and his struggles or whatever he'll be going through.

     Her tests were... interesting, but I honestly thought they'd be ruthless and filled with blood and wounds, at least that's what I was expecting since everyone kept saying no girl had survived in that house.

      I love twists and turns and this book had tons of these. So this is a big plus from me.

      Overall, this is definitely a book I'd recommend, I even finished it the same day I started it.



You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I really enjoyed this book, too. I love mythology. My only problem was I figured out the story early on. I like it when I have to keep guessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, having a Sherlockian mind has its disadvantages too, i guess :)) Maybe you figured out what was going to happen in this one, but who knows what the second book brings.. or have you already figured that one out as well? ^^'

      Delete
  2. I haven't had a chance to read this one yet, but I'm moving it up on my wishlist after reading your review. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to find out what you thought of it after you'll have read it! :)

      Delete