This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read . Image by Naga Sanctuary . Ok, I'm che...
This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read. Image by Naga Sanctuary.
Ok, I'm cheating. I'm supposed to write my reasons of loving one genre. But the thing is, I don't just have one favorite, I always just read whatever I'm in the mood for. So today instead I'm gonna change this F&F a bit, don't be hatin.
10. I love reading fantasy, because it's a nice escape from reality and we all need it from time to time.
9. I enjoy reading biographies of people I admire, it's nice learning more about their lives and realizing how boring mine is in comparison.
8. I like reading Young Adult, but not as much as I used to. It's probably just because I've read all the wrong ones lately, so I might need some recommendations to get out of this situation. Like ASAP.
7. I used to hate reading thrillers, crime novels, but ever since I've stumbled upon the Rizzoli & Isles series, I just can't get enough of it. I believe I enjoy the suspense most of all.
6. Historical. Oh my goodness, how I love thee. From the clothing the characters wear, to people's behaviour in those times, I simply adore it all.
5. Urban Fantasy. Again, one series made me be interested in this particular genre and that series is Anita Blake. Yes, yes, it's getting a bit too much with all the men, but honestly, I still think it's better than most of the urban fantasy that's out there. The reason this genre has got me intrigued is because you've got the fantasy factor so you get the escapism, but also the world in which the characters are in hits quite close to home.
4. Romance books, of course. Only good written ones, which are quite hard to find. Don't enjoy the happy endings though, they don't leave any lingering emotion.
3. Adult. This is by far one of my favorite genres to read, I'll let you guess why.
Just please, no 50 shades of anything.
2. Some of the classics, I do like. Just some. A few. And even if at times I might not enjoy the writing style, I appreciate the originality. Nowadays, it feels like everything is a sequel or a prequel or a movie made after a book or a game after a movie or whatever. There's no new... anything. Thinking of Frankestein, and Dr. Jekyll and Hyde, Goethe's Faustus, I doubt anyone could come up with something that comes even remotely close to them. It's like most of the authors have a blueprint of how their book should be (especially in YA) and they don't try anything else. And it's sad.
1. Drama, drama, drama. Give me all the tears, I can handle it.
Leave a link down below with your feature & follow and a thank you for PJ and Alison for featuring my site. I AM NOT WORTHY!!!
Who am I kidding, of course I am.