1Q84 #2 a.k.a. how dare it end this way??

Name : 1Q84 Author : Haruki Murakami Series : 1Q84 #2 Genre : Fiction, Romance, Japanese Literature Paperback, 501 pages The eve...


Name: 1Q84
Author: Haruki Murakami
Series: 1Q84 #2
Genre: Fiction, Romance, Japanese Literature
Paperback, 501 pages


The events of 1Q84 take place in Tokyo during a fictionalized 1984, with the first volume set between April and June, the second between July and September, and the third between October and December.

_________________________________________________________________________


I've no words for how good it was. I'M STILL RECOVERING FROM IT, ALRIGHT?!
*wink wink*

I've never read a book where literally every single detail matters, every word written is imperative to understanding and making sense of the story. You miss a paragraph, even a sentence, and you're in the dark. EVEN A FRICKIN' BIRD THAT YOU ONLY READ ABOUT IN 2 SENTENCES IN THE WHOLE VOLUME 2 IS A DETAIL YOU DON'T WANNA MISS.


This is a book like every other Murakami book, where reality merges with fiction. And it's why it's so frickin' awesome.I can't say anything because it would completely give away the story. And once you read it as well, you'll be just as perplexed with the ending as I am.
 
After reading numerous YA books that all seem to be made from the same blueprint, I figured I should focus on another genre for a change and it paid off. Not to mention the horrifying YA kept managing to get me in reading slumps and Murakami brought me back to reading (again!). It's refreshing to know that each time I'll think I've had enough of reading for a while, I can always count on Murakami's work to slap me in the face and wake me up from my reading hibernation.


Favorite Quotes

“How many times have you said, 'This is it. I've finally found my one true love'? And how many times has the reality turned out differently? Paperback romances and fairy tales promote an ideal of a first and only love, but few of us can claim to have had such uncomplicated good fortune. For most people, the process of finding the perfect partner is one trial and error: breakups, makeups, missed opportunities and misunderstandings. Human love is a fragile creation, and sometimes the smallest thing - the wrong choice of words or a single clumsy gesture - can make love shatter, stall or fade away.” 

Rating


Characters: 4/5 


Romance: 5/5


Pacing/Length: 5/5


Cover: 3/5


Plot: 5/5

Goodreads | Buy

You Might Also Like

0 comments