Southpaw, the movie you should be seeing right now

"Boxer Billy Hope turns to trainer Tick Willis to help him get his life back on track after losing his wife in a tragic accident an...


"Boxer Billy Hope turns to trainer Tick Willis to help him get his life back on track after losing his wife in a tragic accident and his daughter to child protection services."

 The minute I went to the cinema and saw so many people getting tickets, I knew. They're going to see Mission Impossible, leaving me with all the good seats for Southpaw, HAH!!

Every time I see a movie with Jake Gyllenhaal, I'm thinking: is there anything this guy can't play?! Will there ever be a bad movie he'll choose to star in? No? Ok.

Let me tell you about Southpaw. It kept me on the edge of my seat almost the entire time. From the boxing matches, to the kick-ass soundtrack, to the stellar performances, this movie is worth it from start to finish. All I could think of was how the hell did they choreograph all that?! How did they remember each punch they had to take and each they had to dodge? Trust me, they didn't hold back with the boxing, no. You'd think: oh I'm gonna get a few matches, maybe 2, 3 that will be done in an instant and then I'll just get the story of the main character. Right? Wrong. You'll get what you want and then some. Gyllenhaal will take punch after punch after punch and it's done so well that you literally think he's actually getting hit.


This is the best movie I've seen this year so far, hands down. No 3D, no bullshit, just raw acting with a great story to back it up.

Here's a link to the soundtrack (+ the Phenomenal song :O) as a bonus for you, but really, you should just be watching the film instead of looking at my blog.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I wasn't really thinking about watching this movie at all, but maybe I should! I'm probably going to go watch Mission Impossible first though haha :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me how that one is XD I'm definitely glad I went to this one though.

      Delete