books meme top ten tuesday
Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Would Be On My Syllabus If I Taught High School English5:40 AM
this is an original meme created by the broke and bookish . to use this image, link back to naga sanctuary Boy, that is a big title....
|this is an original meme created by the broke and bookish. to use this image, link back to naga sanctuary|
Boy, that is a big title.
Top Ten Books that would be on my syllabus if I taught high school English
I'm just gonna casually drop authors with all their works as one book, ok? Mkay.
10. The Song of Achilles, by Madeline MillerI can't write even write a goddamn review of this book, THE FEELS I FELT WHILE READING THIS OMG *dead*.
9. The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen ChboskyThere's a lot to learn from this book, especially if you're young.
8. All of Paulo Coelho's WorksCause of reasons.
7. The diaries of Anais NinThere are no words to express my love for this woman and her writing, her personality, her way of thinking, analyzing, her everything.
6. HannibalSelf explanatory. Big fan, big fan.
5. All of Charles Bukowski's WorksI do enjoy Bukowski a whole lot. His writting style is raw, intense, something that definitely should be read more in schools, instead of the usual literature.
4. All of Pablo Neruda's WorksI don't know actually whether he's taught in some schools or not, I just know that in my school, the answer was not. He wrote the best poems I've ever read and that's saying a lot.
3. Harry Potter, by J.K. RowlingShould I even say why? No.
2. All of Haruki Murakami's Works
1. Every book, every biography of Tesla and Van GoghBecause they are my inspiration for everything and they can be an inspiration to literally anyone. The combination of these two may seem weird, like why would I even put them in the same sentence, one is a painter, one is an engineer (among others). Well, I've got a soft spot for geniuses who weren't acknowledged in their time. I could literally write a book about how Tesla and Van Gogh pretty much drove me to be more ambitionate in life and how they made me see that the work that you make is important, despite what everyone might say to bring you down. Fuck 'em. Do your thing.
|unless your thing is something illegal, in which case, don't do your thing|
What's your top ten? :)